Pages

Friday, March 29, 2019

Week 3. John 8

Written during the week of March 18-23


Monday’s Quatern:
Come into the temple at dawn
find the illusive rogue teacher
Paparoa in the morning
who sits down and begins to speak
words richocheting thru the crowds

Pharisees and teachers of law
come into the temple at dawn
seeking the troubling rogue teacher,
woman in tow for his judgement.

Gathers crowds and writes in the sand,
infuriating leaders who
come into the temple at dawn
stones in hand, overwhelmed by fear.

I hold my breath watching him stand,
navigating their challenges.
Testifies, sent by his Father
come into the temple at dawn.

Tuesday’s Nonet
it began innocently enough
changed water to wine at Cana
fed five thousand on a hill
but he says I am bread
he says I am light
he says “I AM”
echoing
crumbling
stone

Wednesday’s Haynaku
I
am light
for the world
my
time has
not yet come

you
never will
walk in darkness

I
am not
of this world


Thursday’s Landay
discovered and dragged from deception
in dawn’s breaking light she was damned alone before them

bitterness rising within her breast
biting her lip till she tasted blood of the broken

his silence pushed her beyond the fear
accusations fading to a silent scratching in the sand

shuddering, blood pounding in her ears
waiting for judgement to rain down on her betrayal

still the silent scratching in the sand
whispering through the dust rather than gathering stones




Friday’s Sonnet
Shall I compare thee to a brilliant light,
A light so full that it casts no shadow
Nor shall I find darkness, though it be night.
(And still, what shall I do with my sorrow?)

“Where do you come from? Where are you going?
These are the questions no one is asking.
These are the things they think they are knowing.
If not Galilee, what needs unmasking?

His light casts their certainty into shade.
So, swiftly they turn to frame light as dark.
“Not from Father, but from demons you wade.”
Cornering, fighting his words till they spark

within them a rage and they reach for stone.
He slips into shadows ‘ere one is thrown.

Saturday haiku
temperature rising
water is not yet running
spring is breaking thru

temperature rising
gathered people now turning
kingdom breaking through

No comments:

Post a Comment