Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

climbing days

It's a cool morning on my deck. 
The wind is restless again, throwing clouds across the sun to try to figure out what's best for this day.

But these are climbing days.  The vines are agressively claiming territory.  I used to measure my boys daily against the morning glories; the boys manage inches annually while the morning glories manage inches daily... twirling quickly around anything within grasp. 
Morning glory

The black-eyed Susans reach out as far as possible before conceding that the best place to wrap themselves is closer to home. 
Black eyed Susan (Thumbergia)
 Virginia creeper has taken over a tall old poplar stump ... long tendrils going in every direction, searching for more spaces to cover.  In fall, this will be a bright crimson corner. 











Virginia Creeper

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Prairie friend,

    Today I looked out the window at my rain-blurred garden; my poppies have shed their crimson silk and even the lilacs have been o'er-dazzled by the summer sun. But my heart is enjoying these colour-burst days of warmth and wet and green-green growth.

    Thanks for your blog reminder to "listen to the green" (to borrow Luci Shaw's phrase).

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope that you are beginning to feel better, Elaine. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete