Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

seeds

 

I finally discovered the culprit. Occasionally, after working in the back garden, or the compost, I'll come inside and find tiny little green burrs stubbornly attached to socks, pant legs, and shoe laces.  I'd go back to the areas where I was working, and find only day lilies, bleeding hearts, and something that looked like a blue forget me not. This was a very secretive and creatively mobile plant.  As I was pulling out some weeds that were trying to take over territory behind the back fountain, I took a closer look at the forget me not look alike.  Those innocent little blue flowers were in the middle of morphing into unbelievably stickly little burrs. 
Brilliant. 







Posted by PicasaBleeding hearts, ready to populate my yard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment