Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

a list of fifty, written in July

within 20 minutes, with no edits - just a random list of 50.  Because this is the summer of 50.  (Inspired by Elaine's list of 40!)
  
  1. books
  2. lilies
  3. rhubarb
  4. biking along the meewasin
  5. easter sunrise
  6. july thunderstorms
  7. first harvest of raspberries
  8. a three year old's prayer
  9. a seventy seven year old's baptism
  10. watching my daughter tend to her growing sons
  11. tasting my daughter's new world
  12. listening to music with my son
  13. watching my son play basketball
  14. early spring walk abouts in my yard
  15. camping at rick and rene's in Grand Forks
  16. tubing at rick and Rene's in Grand Forks
  17. driving with my family
  18. eating the food that Randy makes
  19. tending my garden
  20. weeding prayers
  21. my freshly mown back lawn
  22. the smell of my morden sunrise
  23. playing volleyball
  24. church with Norah
  25. Del and Lois's back yard
  26. first snow
  27. skyping with Ray and Lisa
  28. hearing Tyler coming up the front steps
  29. long friendships
  30. an evening of laughter
  31. telling stories to children
  32. listening to children tell stories
  33. my new vacuum cleaner
  34. the wicker chair on the front porch
  35. the smell of the lilac
  36. the sight of Hobbs draped over the kitchen railing
  37. dirt biking along the river
  38. tide pooling
  39. the sound of the ocean all night long
  40. sleeping under the stars
  41. an unexpected note from a friend
  42. a canoe on a glassy lake
  43. everyone all together, remembering and laughing
  44. a quiet place all to myself, for writing
  45. a fresh artistic perspective 
  46. pottery
  47. garden tomatoes
  48. singing with my sister
  49. anything that makes my sons grin
  50. my Escape

No comments:

Post a Comment